We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your visits to and use of this website
- Information about any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and/or subscribing to our website services and/or email notifications
Information about website visits
We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of pageviews. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability, and for marketing purposes.
Using your personal data
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- To contact you about features and updates about BuiltWith.com exclusively.
- To bill and collect sums owed to us. Uses for this purpose include sending you emails, invoices, receipts and notices of delinquency, to alert you if we need a different credit card number, and to otherwise try to collect money owed. We use third parties to handle secure credit card transaction processing and send billing information to such third parties, who maintain all information in confidence, to process your orders and credit card payments.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- To the purchaser or seller (or prospective purchaser or seller) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling or purchasing.
Safeguarding Your Information
Account passwords are encrypted. We cannot see your passwords. We can only reset them.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
If you create an account, you are responsible for keeping your password confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
Third party websites
The website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the content, terms and conditions or privacy policies of third party websites.